Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Songs of the Seasons

So as cheesy as it sounds, I’m making mixed cd’s for a friend of mine. It’s become kind of a joke and has slowly turned into a box set that will be titled “Songs of the Seasons.” Each cd will represent winter, spring, summer or fall and will play music that I like to listen to while driving in the car during those seasons… Again.. cheesy, I know.

I’ve included what I’ve got so far along with some images that I hope will inspire you, because I’m drawing a blank at this point.

For some reason I can't find images of summer that I enjoy.

Summer
Playlist Includes:
Cold War Kids
MGMT
Kings of Leon
Death Cab for Cutie
The Gaslight Anthem



Fall
Playlist Includes:
Bon Iver
Joe Purdy
Iron and Wine
The Decemberists




Spring
Playlist Includes:
The Shins
Modest Mouse




Winter
Playlist Includes:
Bonnie Prince Billy
Swearing at Motorists
Cat Power




All suggestions are welcome; I know I still need to get some of my favorite artists in here some how.. I've also realized that I listen to some damn depressing music.

3 comments:

charles said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFiK7MlzDA

for all 4 seasons. jerk butt.

valerie said...

hah. no way.

Marie said...

You know, I was going to come over and suggest some Ryan Adams or some Whiskeytown but then I realized that I don't associate them with any season at all, though certain songs definitely are more seasonal.